Sr. Art Director
Agency 29 is a creative agency for food, beverage, and agriculture brands. We excel at helping brands grow by advising and collaborating with our clients in the areas of big-picture strategy and day-to-day marketing and design.
Our Sr. Art Director will be responsible for bringing design solutions to life that adhere to brand values, marketing strategies, and business goals. They must be comfortable making decisions and giving feedback to the creative team, and should be able to see visual development from a holistic perspective.
Our Sr. Art Director must be independently driven and able to push a project forward on their own, while also able to work productively and harmoniously in a group. Think of it as a 65/35 split: 65-70% creative work, and 30-35% creative direction. You’ve got to think at a 10,000-foot view, but also be willing to sweat the small stuff. No egos allowed, and no task is too small!
Your average day may include:
- Working with our clients to understand their business requirements in the broader context of their brand strategy and advocating for them by designing creative solutions
- Clearly articulating and explaining your design decisions to teams and clients
- Helping run effective client workshops and client stakeholder meetings
- Conceptualizing, planning, designing, and producing high-quality creative for our clients including brand systems, websites, marketing material, and other brand collateral.
- Designing with a clear understanding of the client’s overall brand messaging and knowing how visual assets translate across all relevant media.
- Reviewing, proofing, providing art direction, guidance, and assignment to other creatives.
- Participating in or leading various company activities such as cross-functional skill sharing and internal initiatives.
- Facilitating effective decision-making with our team and our clients
- Gathering strategic insights to inform future work.
- Cross-collaboration: working with strategists, and account managers. Working with outside vendors like web developers and video producers.
- Staying on top of emails and project management.
- Leading brainstorming sessions internally and with clients.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
A creative strategic thinker to be responsible for:
- Conceptualizing the creation of new brand identities
- Reviewing the work of other designers on the internal team to give guidance and feedback. Delegating tasks as needed.
- Bringing hands-on experience to the table – with masterful knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and the ability to generally navigate through platforms like Figma, Squarespace, WordPress, and Hubspot.
- Listening to design needs, coming up with ideas, and communicating concepts to clients and other members of the team
- Maintaining high standards of quality and making sure only the best work is released to the client
- Collaborating across the organization to drive up standards of digital creativity
- 5-7 years of experience creating a breadth of design work for clients at an agency or in an in-house role
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter and team player
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Outstanding multitasking, organizational, and time management skills
This is a hybrid role with our Rochester, NY office as your home base.
We recognize that diverse teams make for better work. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
Please apply with a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and a link to a portfolio.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $68,000.00 – $73,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift